Hot Link Sausage - 5 Best Toppings & Recipes!
If you're looking to impress your guests at your next BBQ, here are 5 crazy Hot Link Sausage toppings to try after throwing these hot links on the grill.
Before we dive into creatively tasty Hot Link Topping Ideas. We need to show homage to the classic Hot Link itself! To cook this BBQ Classic you can pan fry, grill, place in the oven, and dare we say it, even microwaving. For simplicity purposes, we will teach you how to grill our Beef Hot Link Sausages.
Grilling gives your hot link that smokey, summer flavor you just can’t get any other way.
1. Turn on your grill. You want one side of your grill to be more hot and one more cool. If you have a charcoal grill, stack more coals on one side. If you have a gas grill, adjust the knob settings accordingly.
2. Cook the hot links on the cooler side of the grill so that they can heat through without burning on the outside. You’re looking for that perfect brownish-red color.
3. Add your favorite toppings!
Ketchup and mustard are most certainly a delicious combination on a hot link. It's a classic combo for such a simple yet absolute legendary BBQ item but in order to keep such a classic item interesting how can we push the boundaries of a great-tasting Hot Link?
So if you ever get tired of the classics TRY THESE 5 DELICIOUS HOT LINK SAUSAGE TOPPINGS to make yourself the hero of the cookout.
1. Peppers, Onions, and Cheese
Sauté up Philly's favorite ingredients, peppers, and onions, and add some melted cheese for a Philly Cheesesteak-inspired Beef Hot Link.
2. Avocado and Beef BaconGive your hot link a delicious spin by slicing or smashing an avocado on your Beef Hot Links. Sprinkle on some Hickory Smoked Beef Bacon crumbles and then BOOM you have yourself a Bacon Avocado Hot Link.
3. Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
Sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions aren't just meant for burgers! These toppings work very well on a hot link, too.
4. Sauerkraut and Brown Mustard
Feeling for a little German? While this combination is typically seen paired with brats or sausage links, they're also a delicious combination for the classic beef hot links.
5. Macaroni & Cheese with Beef Bacon Crumbs
Products used in this guide are the following:
prices are subject to change*